Monday, August 29, 2011

not that good at this

apparently i'm not that good at keeping a blog.
i wish that i was better at it. but i don't ever really know what to say.
the stuff that i think of to write is often super deep or its crazy shallow. so i don't know how to do it. but i'm trying. this is my attempt.

this week marks seven years since my mom passed away.
i was in a wedding last week and while i LOVE that i got to celebrate my friends forging their lives together, it is difficult for me to not think that at my own wedding the family parts will go a lot differently.

its strange to think that my mom will have never known the man that i will marry.

so much has happened in the last seven years and she hasn't been a part of any of it.

this world is broken.
we are in desperate need for a savior.
He came to make all things new.
Revelation 21:5

Only in Jesus will I hope.

1 comment:

Amber Rose said...

you have such good words. i love reading them. love you.